Flexim is supplied in a choice of pack sizes: large packs contain 10 strips of Flexim whilst small packs contain 5 strips. We recommend cutting open the required strips and removing these from the packaging before you go out onto the roof. Below is a step-by-step description.
- Remove the top cover from the packaging and place this upside down next to the bottom.
- Cut open the required number of strips using a cutting knife.
- Take the Flexim strips out of the plastic packaging and place the strips in the cover. Use 1 latex glove for this.
- Place the bottom on top of the cover and take the Flexim product with you onto the roof in the box packaging.
- Put on 2 latex gloves and then knead the Flexim strips firmly onto the uppermost row of roofing tiles. Repeat this until all of the strips of Flexim have been placed on the roofing tiles.
- Take the gloves off and press the ridge tile firmly into the Flexim with your clean, bare hands. Make sure the ridge tile is not pressed all the way down to the ridge board, but that it “hovers” at least 1 cm above this. If you don’t have a ridge board, then make sure there is sufficient space between the ridge tile and the uppermost row of roofing tiles.
- Pull on one latex glove and cut off the excess Flexim using a spatula or a knife.
- Spread the Flexim smooth until you have obtained an even finish.